Body Acne Treatment – Body Acne Cure – Clear Acne Solution
Finding A Body Acne Cure That Works To Clear Acne …
Body acne can occur anywhere on a person, such as the arms, legs, chest, back or scalp. Body acne treatment can be more difficult than facial acne to treat for a number of reasons…
- The skin on the body is thicker than on the face, and because of this some creams that work fine on the face do not work as well on acne on the rest of the body.
- Because clothing is worn, this can cause skin irritation, which doesn’t occur on the face. The constant rubbing can cause abrasiveness, and can worsen the acne.
- Pressure from helmets or hats, backpacks etc…If there is pressure on the skin, as when wearing hats, helmets, or when a backpack is pushing down against shoulders, then the likelihood for irritation and acne flare-ups are increased. Both friction, as in when somebody is wearing tight clothing, or pressure as in a hat or helmet, can adversely affect the pores and cause acne to break-out.
- Some topical acne treatments, such as Benzoyl Peroxide, are very staining on the clothes…making it an undesirable choice for body acne treatment.
BEST ACNE SOLUTION - CLEAR ACNE REMEDY
So what’s the best acne solution to get rid of body acne?
You can choose between prescription medications to treat body acne, or choose an acne solution which is available over the counter. Usually, mild to moderate types of acne can be treated with over-the-counter medications…but with severe acne the only solution is to seek treatment from a skin doctor (dermatologist). Let’s look at two of the best body acne cures to clear acne that don’t require a prescription.
- Either use a topical cream or gel that is non-staining and soothing/moisturising to the skin and yet strong enough to penetrate the thicker skin. The best topical acne solution for this is a 4% Niacinamide cream or gel. This Acne remedy will rid the body of acne by penetrating the thicker dermis without staining the clothes or drying out and irritating the skin.
- Or don’t use a topical (rub on cream/gel) approach at all…opt for an oral solution such as Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5). 10grams per day (taken in 3 divided doses throughout the day) is an effective dose for clearing acne from the body (and face). However, some people will experience stomach upset with such a high dose. If that’s the case, a topical niacinamide gel is a better choice…and the gel is more economical too.
Over the counter treatments to avoid would be:
- Benzoyl peroxide – Care must be taken when using Benzoyl peroxide, as it can very easily bleach any fabric or hair it comes in contact with.
- Salicylic acid – although not staining, is very drying to the skin.
Medication for body acne… Turning to Prescriptions
If the over the counter treatment doesn’t clear the acne condition, the doctor will usually recommend a prescription medicine. There are two types of prescription acne medications – oral and topical.
These kinds of medication can be more effective even when dealing with moderate acne than what is typically available over-the-counter. However, it should be noted that in a published scientific study performed at the prestigious New York University College of Medicine, a 4% Topical Niacinamide gel was found to be as effective at treating acne as the leading topical prescription drug… Clindamycin.
Notably, the Niacinamide treatment is the preferred choice by many…
Some of its many benefits above the prescription drug Clindamycin (the leading prescription topical antibiotic therapy) include:
- All natural
- No prescription required
- Continues to work long-term (Clindamycin, being an antibiotic, develops resistant strains of bacteria so its effectiveness at treating acne diminishes over time.)
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrates and moisturises skin
- Improves skin elasticity
- Softer, smoother, younger looking skin in only 6 days
- Decreased hyperpigmentation and spots
- Decreased red blotchiness and skin sallowness (yellowing)
- Lightening in skin color
To learn more about 4% Niacinamide (nicotinamide) cream gel acne treatment as a body acne cure and how to clear acne, click here.