Acne scar can do a lot to lower a person’s self esteem. People who have acne don’t necessarily get relief from the treatment of the skin disease as they are still left with the unpleasant marks or scars caused by acne.
Fortunately, many cosmetic procedures are now available to remove acne scars. These are effective for removing scars regardless of the degree of severity. However, these procedures are not for everyone, as they are too costly. They can also come with side effects and some people feel that they would rather live with their acne scar than take the risk that these procedures bring.
Tips for Acne Scar Removal
Before you go and have your dermatologist perform an acne scar removal procedure on you and before you try any scar removal cream, read the following tips for removing acne scars first.
Nature offers plenty of remedies for acne scar removal, so why not take advantage of it? Natural products are safer to use, cheaper, and are more easily available.
- Use minerals, vitamins, nutrients and herbal extracts for restoring collagen and regenerating healthy tissue.
- Use aloe vera juice and gels for diminishing acne scars. Aloe vera has healing qualities that help reduce the growth of scar tissue.
- Use products that contain hydrolyzed collagen. This ingredient restores healthy tissue, resulting in softer and smoother skin.
- Lavender oils can help reduce acne scars. Massage it on the scarred area regularly.
- Lemon juice is the best home remedy for scars. It lightens scars as it is a natural bleach.
- Rosehip oil has been found to reduce acne scars. It should be massaged on the scarred area twice a day.
- Use sandalwood paste on the scars. You can also mix sandalwood paste with black gram paste.
- Rub ice cubes on the scarred area to tighten the skin, making it look young.
- Unless it dries out your skin, rose water with sandalwood paste mixed in and kept overnight can help remove acne scar.
- Apply cucumber juice to tighten the acne pores.
- Rub tomato slices on the skin to close open pores and to keep from having oily skin.
Sometimes though, we experience acne scars because we did not take care of ourselves while we were experiencing a bout of acne. The use of the wrong anti-acne products can also lead to skin scarring. So why now go for the tested yet safe choice when looking for acne products?
ACNESSENTIAL is a 4% Niacinamide cream and university studies show that it is extremely effective at treating acne. Not only that; since it’s active ingredient is a vitamin B3 derivative, you get an effective product that can still be classified as ‘natural’.